Tuesday, April 27, 2010

I'll Hold You Always

I'll never hear you laugh,
I'll never hear you cry.
I'll never feel you move inside me.
And I'll always wonder why

I'll never see you smile,
I'll never kiss away your tears.
I'll never hold you when you're scared
Or hug away your fears.

No first smile.
No first steps.
No first word will cross your lips.
No first cry.
No first breath.
Just my heart full of emptiness.

So how do I keep going when you've already gone?
How do I keep living? How do I go on?

The only peace that I have found
Has come from God above:
His promise of togetherness
And everlasting love.

I know that you're my baby,
And that you'll always be.
You're mine forever, no matter what,
My darling Cecily.

So though I've never held you,
I know someday I will.
Our family is forever,
So I'll just hold on until

The day I get to touch you-
Just like you've touched my heart-
To hold you in arms so tight,
Never again to part.

Someday I'll hear your laughter.
Someday I'll hear your cries.
But only tears of joy and love
Will escape your pretty eyes.

Someday I'll see you smile.
Someday through happy tears,
Hope and joy and peace and love
Will replace all my doubts and fears.

Our life together ended
Before it got to start.
I never held you in my arms,
But I'll hold you always in my heart.

4 comments:

  1. Steve and Kristi, I've been following your family blog. I'm so sorry for your loss. No one can understand the pain of losing a baby until they have experienced it. It is a horrible thing that no one should have to go through. I'm so sorry that you have to go through this.

    Aside from the sad news, it has been fun seeing your two adorable boys! What a cute family you have! Blogs are so much fun, so that we can catch up and see our old friends.

    ~Esther Smidt (BYU 87th ward)

    ReplyDelete
  2. So sorry Kristi. I know exactly what you're going through. I lost a baby at 16 weeks about a year ago and have had a hard time with it as well. I will be praying for you. Just don't feel alone, or like no one knows what you're feeling. The Savior can heal even the most broken heart! Love ya girly!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kristi, I love you so dearly. You are such an amazing mommy to your boys and you will be an amazing mom to Sessy someday. I can't even tell you how much I love you and admire your strength each and everyday. I wish I could take away your pain even for just a minute.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love you sister. I will always remember Baby Cecily! I'm so glad that she's in our forever family! You are so strong and I wish that you didn't have to go through this. Heavenly Father is listening to you and loves you! :)

    ReplyDelete